We love nerdy stuff and feely stuff.

Explore this page to find both, with our evidence-based articles written by experts on our team and deep dives into the experience of caretaking written by our founder. 

How & When to Get Help

When to Seek an Orthopedic/Musculoskeletal PT

We all have aches and pains, but sometimes exercise can aggravate underlying issues that we may not have even known was a problem! So if you have any of the following, you may want to seek extra help from a PT in your area.

Pain deep in a joint (e.g. knee, elbow, shoulder) more than a muscle


Pain that progressively worsens rather than improves with exercise


Pain that is sharp/shooting or radiating down your arm or leg


Numbness and tingling anywhere in the body

In most states, you can see a PT without a referral from a doctor.

Learn more about that, and about how to search for a PT in your area.

When to Seek a Pelvic PT

Pelvic health PTs (previously known as “women’s health” PTs) can be so incredibly helpful for so many things, and a lot of people don’t even know they exist! Pelvic PTs can help with issues related to bowel, bladder, and sexual function; they can help you prepare for or recover from childbirth; they can even help with chronic pelvic pain occurring from endometriosis, after multiple abdominal surgeries, or after any type of pelvic trauma.


They also treat men and children, and people who are transgender or gender-fluid (which is why they are trying to move away from the term “women” to the term “pelvic”). If you think pelvic PT may help you, check out our guide for more information on finding someone in your area, and on good questions to ask before you start treatment!